Curry Nature and Historical Trail
This is a walk through the countryside of South Sligo around the village of Curry which is located between the towns of Tubbercurry and Charlestown on the N17. A number of shorter circuits are also an option within this circuit.
Park in the village, just off the N17. Cross the main road, turn left and then right onto a quiet road. Continue to cross the Owengarve River at Bontuney, before returning to the main road. Turn left and then right through Ballyglass. Continue on a bog road to Montiagh. Turn left along a bog road past Drumahillian church. Cross the Owengarve River on an iron bridge and continue on through Clooningan. Reach a cross roads where a short loop can be made at Cloonrane to view a path before following the famine road back to Curry.
Did you know?
The Curry Torc is a pure gold necklace which was found in Curry Choir in the 1850's by a local man saving turf. It is thought to date back to the Bronze Age around 2,500 years ago