The outdoors is a special place – especially for those of us that love to walk. As cities grow and pressures mount, this place becomes more important for our physical and mental wellbeing. Let’s keep it special by aiming to Leave No Trace. The Leave No Trace message is all about helping outdoor enthusiasts to minimise their impact on the environment.
Leave No Trace
Leave no Trace is based on a set of seven core principles:
- Plan ahead and prepare.
- Be considerate of others.
- Respect wildlife and farm animals.
- Travel and camp on durable ground.
- Leave what you ﬁnd.
- Dispose of waste properly.
- Minimise the effects of fire (walkers should note though that in Ireland, fires are not permitted at all in most areas).
Sligo Tidy Towns is organised and run by a group of unpaid volunteers who are passionate and proud of the place they live in. This is a special year for Sligo. Itʼs hosting the All-Ireland Fleadh in August and is also European Town of Sport for 2014. Sligo Tidy Towns have done considerable work to help ensure Sligo looks its best for these international events. For more information click on the link below