The Cathaoirleach of Sligo County Council Councillor Dara Mulvey has welcomed the announcement of funding for projects under the Outdoor Recreation Infrastructure Scheme.
‘The Department of Rural and Community Development has confirmed funding for a range of projects in County Sligo, and this is a great boost for the many voluntary groups and local committees who are working tirelessly to enhance their communities.
At this very challenging time for all our citizens, the development of our outdoor recreational facilities was never more important or more welcome. I would like to commend Sligo County Council’s Director of Services Dorothy Clarke and the staff of Sligo County Council and Leader for their professionalism in working with the various communities to prepare and submit the grant applications, and today’s announcement is due reward for their efforts.’
Sligo Walks is a Sligo County Council initiative which has been highly proactive in the development and promotion of walking and hiking trails in Sligo. With information on over 50 walking trails now available on the SligoWalks.ie website, this funding will ensure that further enhancements can take place on walks all around the county. This will add greatly to our enjoyment of our outdoor spaces but will also be a wonderful tourism asset for Sligo into the future.
- Coolaney River Walk maintenance €16,650.00
- Powellsboro Bog Walk Tubbercurry -Upgrade and repair of the existing trail €20,000.00
- Warren Way, Castleconnor, Co. Sligo Trail Upgrading of the visitor car park and enhancement of trail €20,000.00
- Sligo Way Upgrading and enhancement of Slish wood section Lough Gill, Co. Sligo €20,000.00
- Sligo Walks Upgrading Marketing and promotion €20,000.00
- Queen Maeve Trail Upgrading of walking infrastructure Knocknarea,€20,000.00
- Ben Bulben Forest Trail Upgrading Forest Walk,Gortarowey, €20,000.00
- Bunduff Lake Repair works to trail, Cliffoney, Co. Sligo €20,000.00
- Dooney Rock Trail Upgrading / Enhancing of the trail, Lough Gill, Co. Sligo €20,000.00